The Heavener School Board will meet in a regular business meeting Tuesday at 6 p.m. in the Glenn Scott Educational Center at 500 West Second Street.
Here is the agenda:
1. Opening flag salute.
3. Call meeting to order and record members present.
4. 2016-2017 audit exit report by Kerry J. Patten, auditor.
5. Principal’s report: Diane Cox and Robert Craig.
6. Superintendent’s report: Ed Wilson.
7. Consent agenda: All the following items which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. Agenda for Feb. 13, 2018 regular board meeting.
b. Minutes from Jan. 8, 2018 regular board meeting.
c. Activity fund financial report for January, 2018.
d. Activity fund fundraising requests as submitted by sponsors.
e. Encumbrance/warrant to Eagle Fund Raising $3,400 (band and encumbrance/warrant to Mark It Place $2,680.80 (LCT basketball tournament).
f. Transfers within activity fund sub-accounts: sixth grade to junior high leadership $69 and high school special education to track $50.
g. General, building, LCSEC fund encumbrances.
h. General, building, LCSEC fund warrants.
i. Treasurer’s financial report.
8. Approve or disapprove Heavener Public Schools as the LEA for LeFlore County Special Education Cooperative for 2018-19.
9. Approve or disapprove Heavener Public Schools’ membership and Medicaid agreement with LeFlore County Special Education Cooperative for 2018-19.
10. Approve or disapprove memorandum of understanding with Choctaw Nation, Heavener Public Schools and Hodgen Public Schools for a summer school program during summer 2018.
11. Approve or disapprove resignations as received by superintendent.
12. Proposed executive session to discuss the employment of temporary teacher assistant to complete the 2017-18 school year. 25 OS 307 (B)(1)
13. Vote to convene in executive session.
14. Acknowledge board’s return to open session and president’s statement regarding items discussed in executive session.
15. Approve or disapprove employment of temporary teacher assistant for 2017-18.
16. New business.
17. Approve or disapprove motion to adjourn meeting.
Like this story? Please share it. NEVER miss another story. Get our free daily email updates to heavenerledger.com and leflorecountyjournal.com. Click HERE to sign up.
Spread the word on your business or service, sponsor NEWS or another section of heavenerledger.com or leflorecountyjournal.com. Call (918) 649-4712 for more information.
To submit a story or information, or to make a correction please send an email to [email protected]
Copyright 2018 Heavener Ledger and LeFlore County Journal. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.