The Heavener School Board will meet in a regular meeting Monday at 6 p.m. in the Glenn Scott Education Center at 500 West Second Street.
Here is the agenda:
1. Opening flag salute.
3. Call meeting to order and record members present.
4. Principal’s report: Diane Cox, Robert Craig.
5. Superintendent’s report: Ed Wilson.
6. Consent agenda: All the following items which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. Agenda for July 17, 2017 regular board meeting.
b. Minutes for June 26, 2017 regular board meeting.
c. Activity fund financial report for June, 2017.
d. Activity fund fundraising requests as submitted by sponsors
e. Encumbrance/warrant to varsity $2,940.85 (JH cheer)
f. General, building, LCSEC fund encumbrances
g. General, building LCSEC fund warrant
h. Treasurer’s financial report for 2016-17.
7. Tabled from previous board meeting: Approve or disapprove revisions to high school handbook for 2017-2018.
8. Approve or disapprove contracts with Ross Transportation for lease of school buses for Heavener schools and the LCSEC for 2017-2018.
9. Approve or disapprove contract with Providence Working Canines for 2017-2018.
10. Approve or disapprove appointments of the following school district positions for 2017-2018: Ed Wilson—purchasing agent, hearing office for vocational programs, complaints, federal programs, Title IX, Civil rights, American Disabilities Act, authorized representative to submit impact aid applications, e-rate program and person to receive commodities; Connie Shockley—director of finance, treasurer, activity fund co-custodian, 403 (B) annuity regulations coordinator; Julie Warren—encumbrance clerk, minutes clerk, receiving agent; Janie Hairrell—federal/state programs director and technical assistance documents; LaDonna Killion—activity fund custodian and child nutrition coordinator; Joe Heavener—OSHA risk manager; Melissa Hamner—child nutrition director.
11. Approve or disapprove special services contract with Kibois Head Start to provide services regarding head start program eligible children ages three through five identified as having disabilities.
12. Approve or disapprove contract with Kibois Head Start for 2017-2018.
13. Approve or disapprove transfers within activity fund sub-accounts: freshman to sophomore account–$2,379.29; sophomore to junior account–$4,316.92; junior to senior account–$5,416.62; senior to freshman account–$642.73.
14. Approve or disapprove certified bachelors and certified masters salary schedules for 2017-2018.
15. Approve or disapprove extra duty schedules for 2017-2018.
16. Approve or disapprove extra duty schedules for 2017-2018.
17. Approve or disapprove resignations as received by superintendent.
18. Proposed executive session to discuss the employment of the following temporary positions for 2017-2018: 25 OS 307 (B)(1): two elementary teachers, elementary music teacher, special education teacher, secondary science teacher; elementary PE teacher assistant.
19. Vote to convene in executive session.
20. Acknowledge board’s return to open session and president’s statement regarding items discussed in executive session.
21. Approve or disapprove the following temporary positions for 2017-2018: two elementary teachers, elementary music teacher, special education teacher, secondary science teacher; elementary PE teacher assistant.
22. New business.
23. Approve or disapprove motion to adjourn meeting.
Get our free daily email updates. Click HERE to sign up.
To submit a story or information, or to make a correction, send an email to [email protected]
Sponsor NEwS or another section of heavenerledger.com. Call (918) 649-4712 for more information.
Copyright 2017 Heavener Ledger. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.