The Heavener school board will hold its monthly meeting on Monday at 6 p.m. at the Glenn Scott Educational Center at 500 West Second Street.
Here is the agenda:
1. Opening flag salute
3. Call meeting to order and record members present. Oath of office to board members
4. Public hearing to allow tribal officials and parents of Indian children to discuss the school’s Title VII-Indian Educational program, to make recommendations concerning the needs of their children, the LEA’s education program and the degree of parental participation allowed.
5. Principal report: Diane Cox, Aaron Alexander
6. Superintendent report: Ed Wilson
7. Consent agenda: All the following items which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. Agenda for April 13, 2015 regular board meeting
b. Minutes for March 9, 2015 regular board meeting
c. Activity fund financial report for March, 2015
d. Encumbrance/warrant to Terry Cooper $2,750 (track team)
e. Transfers from yearbook to NHS $400; Elementary special ed to elementary $75
f. Activity fund fundraisers as submitted by sponsors
g. General, building, LCSEC, foundation and bond fund encumbrances
h. General, building, LCSEC, foundation and bond fund warrants
8, Approve or disapprove Career Tech Local Application for Secondary Vocational Programs and Assurances of Compliance for 2015-2016.
9. Approve or disapprove student open transfers for 2015-2016.
10. Approve or disapprove temporary appropriations for 2015-2016: General fund $9,229, 200; Building fund $82,400; LCSEC $1,657,600
11. Approve or disapprove resignations as received by the superintendent
12. Proposed executive session to discuss the re-employment of administrative staff for 2015-2016 25 OS Section 307 (B)(1): Aaron Alexander, high school principal; Mildred D. Cox, elementary principal; Robert Craig, high school principal; Eddie Nelson, elementary assistant principal; Janie Hairrell, federal/state programs director; Dianna K. Williams, LeFlore County special education director; Joe Heavener, plant operations manager/custodian manager; Melissa Hamner, director of food service.
13. Vote to convene in executive session.
14. Acknowledge boards return to open session and president’s statement regarding items discussed in executive session.
15. Approve to disapprove employment of administrative staff for 2015-2016: Aaron Alexander, high school principal; Mildred D. Cox, elementary principal; Robert Craig, high school principal; Eddie Nelson, elementary assistant principal; Janie Hairrell, federal/state programs director; Dianna K. Williams, LeFlore County special education irector; Joe Heavener, plant operations manager/custodian manager; Melissa Hamner, director of food service.
16. New business “New business” for purposes of this agenda means any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting. 25 OS 311 (A)(9).
17. Approve or disapprove motion to adjourn meeting.