Agenda for Monday’s meeting of the Heavener school board. The meeting starts at 6 p.m. and will be held at the Glenn Scott Educational Center.
1. Opening flag salute
3. Call meeting to order and record members present
4. Reorganize board of education and oath to members
5. Principal report: Diane Cox, Aaron Alexander
6. Superintendent report: Ed Wilson
7. Consent agenda: all the following items which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. Agenda for March 9, 2015 regular board meeting
b. Minutes for Feb. 9, 2015 regular board meeting
c. Activity fund financial report for February, 2015
d. Encumbrance/warrant to Diane Cox $2,628 for Washington D.C. trip (high school leadership account)
e. Encumbrance/warrant to Eagle Fundraising $6,000 (elementary account)
f. General, building and LCSEC fund encumbrances
g. General, building and LCSEC fund warrants
8. Approve or disapprove revised school calendar for 2014-2015 moving professional day #5 (Feb. 16) to March 30, 2015; also using excess time to make up missed days of Feb. 23, Feb. 24 and March 5, 2015
9. Approve or disapprove 2015-2016 school calendar
10. Approve or disapprove student dropout report for 2013-2014
11. Approve or disapprove 2013-2014 ACT report
12. Approve or disapprove building fund supplemental appropriation in the amount of $101,000
13. Approve or disapprove contract with Municipal Accounting Services for 2015-2016 in the amount of $451.51 per month for treasurer, payroll, appropriated, personnel and activity funds software.
14. Approve or disapprove contract for audit of schools with Kerry J. Patten, CPA, to perform the audit of 2014-2015 financial statements and 2015-2016 estimate of needs.
15. Approve or disapprove resignations as received by superintendent
16. Proposed executive session to discuss the employment of temporary custodian for 2014-15. 25 OS Section 307 (B)(1)
17. Vote to convene in executive session
18. Acknowledge boards return to open session and president’s statement regarding items discussed in executive session.
19. Approve or disapprove employment of temporary custodian for 2014-2015
20. New business. “New business” for purposes of this agenda means any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting. 25 OS 311 (A) (9)
21. Approve or disapprove motion to adjourn meeting.