Agenda for the Heavener school board meeting on Monday at 6 p.m. at the Glenn Scott Educational Center at 500 W. 2nd Street.
1. Opening flag salute
3. Call meeting to order and record members present
4. Principal report: Diane Cox and Aaron Alexander
5. Superintendent report: Ed Wilson
6. Consent agenda: all the following items which concern reports and items of a routine nature normally approved at a board meeting will be approved by one vote unless any board member desires to have a separate vote on any or all of these items. The consent agenda consists of the discussion, consideration and approval of the following items:
a. Agenda for Dec. 8, 2014 regular board meeting
b. Minutes for Nov. 10, 2014 regular board meeting
c. Activity fund financial report for November, 2014
d. Activity fund fundraisers as submitted by sponsors
e. Activity fund new sub-account: HS science
f. Encumbrance/warrant to Poteau movie theater: $3,224.00 (Elementary grades)
g. General, building, LCSEC, foundation and bond fund encumbrances
h. General, building, LCSEC, foundation and bond fund warrants
i. Treasurer’s financial report
7. Approve or disapprove rescinding previous resignation from Elena Crouc.
8. Approve or disapprove resignations as presented by the superintendent
9. Proposed executive session to discuss the hiring of temporary school resource officer to complete the 2014-15 year and perform the evaluation of superintendent and treasurer for the 2013-14 school year and discuss rehire of superintendent and treasurer/finance director Connie Shockley for 2015-16 school year.
10. Vote to convene or not to convene in executive session.
11. Acknowledge boards return to open session and president’s statement regarding items discussed in executive session.
12. Approve or disapprove employment of temporary school resource officer for 2014-15.
13. Approve or disapprove employment of superintendent Ed Wilson and treasurer/finance director Connie Shockley for 2015-2016.
14. New business. “New business’ for purposes of this agenda means any matter not known about or which could not have been reasonably foreseen prior to the time of posting.
15. Approve or disapprove motion to adjourn meeting.